Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Thursday, November 24, 2011

1 Thessalonians 5:18: My Thankful Lists

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."


In every thing....hmmm the good AND bad things....so here is my  list of the good things I am thankful for


  • The Father, Son and Holy Spirit
  • My Salvation, without it I wouldn't have eternal life
  • Jason, my husband 
  • Amanda, my first born
  • Tyler, my middle child
  • Madison, my youngest
  • Our vehicles
  • Jason's job
  • My job as mother, wife, cook, taxi driver, etc.
  • My Church
  • My Pastor and his family
  • My sisters
  • Today, special day to remind us why we are thankful to God for all we have
  • Yesterday, the opportunity to help pass out plates of food to others
  • My Parents (Daddy, Mama and Shirley)
  • My Aunts and Uncles
  • My window to the world, my computer
  • Our Military
  • Grocery stores, without them I would have to spend all my time processing our food



Now for bad thing I am thankful for:


  • Jason's speeding ticket, hopefully it made him pay closer attention to his speed and the entire ordeal of paying the ticket reminded me that some people do care
  • Bills, having them reminds me that we have lights, water, tv, computer and phone service
  • Difficult people, they remind me of how I don't want to be.
  • My childhood, it reminds me to be careful of my children's feelings
  • Broken down cars, they remind me that I have a car, a husband who has the ability to fix it, and time spent giggling about what's gonna happen next
  • Being angry at God, reminds me where I was and where I am now
  • Ex husband, reminds me to be thankful for the gentle, kind, loving man God sent me
  • Teenager trials, reminds me that they are independent, strong people and are able to think for themselves
  • Preschooler trials, reminds me that she is finding her place in the world, learning and growing right before my eyes
  • Money problems, remind me that "we" can make it through anything
  • My mother's illness, reminds me that she was a fighter, that she knew where she was going when she died but loved us so much that she didn't want to leave
  • My father's accident, reminds me how much he means to me and the changes he made in his life (made him thankful for life)
  • Jason's job, reminds me that even though we hate his hours, he cares for us enough to get going back so he can pay for things we need.
I was trying to make both list be at least 20 things each, I couldn't come up with that many on my bad list. I guess maybe that is because I have tried to think about my black cloud moments in an entirely different way, to see the sunny spots and not just the black clouds. It truly changes you as a person when you are able to do that. 

So tonight as Thanksgiving draws to a close and the crazy shopping begins, I am thankful  to God for all things, good and bad...they have made me into the person I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment