In every thing....hmmm the good AND bad things....so here is my list of the good things I am thankful for
- The Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- My Salvation, without it I wouldn't have eternal life
- Jason, my husband
- Amanda, my first born
- Tyler, my middle child
- Madison, my youngest
- Our vehicles
- Jason's job
- My job as mother, wife, cook, taxi driver, etc.
- My Church
- My Pastor and his family
- My sisters
- Today, special day to remind us why we are thankful to God for all we have
- Yesterday, the opportunity to help pass out plates of food to others
- My Parents (Daddy, Mama and Shirley)
- My Aunts and Uncles
- My window to the world, my computer
- Our Military
- Grocery stores, without them I would have to spend all my time processing our food
Now for bad thing I am thankful for:
- Jason's speeding ticket, hopefully it made him pay closer attention to his speed and the entire ordeal of paying the ticket reminded me that some people do care
- Bills, having them reminds me that we have lights, water, tv, computer and phone service
- Difficult people, they remind me of how I don't want to be.
- My childhood, it reminds me to be careful of my children's feelings
- Broken down cars, they remind me that I have a car, a husband who has the ability to fix it, and time spent giggling about what's gonna happen next
- Being angry at God, reminds me where I was and where I am now
- Ex husband, reminds me to be thankful for the gentle, kind, loving man God sent me
- Teenager trials, reminds me that they are independent, strong people and are able to think for themselves
- Preschooler trials, reminds me that she is finding her place in the world, learning and growing right before my eyes
- Money problems, remind me that "we" can make it through anything
- My mother's illness, reminds me that she was a fighter, that she knew where she was going when she died but loved us so much that she didn't want to leave
- My father's accident, reminds me how much he means to me and the changes he made in his life (made him thankful for life)
- Jason's job, reminds me that even though we hate his hours, he cares for us enough to get going back so he can pay for things we need.
I was trying to make both list be at least 20 things each, I couldn't come up with that many on my bad list. I guess maybe that is because I have tried to think about my black cloud moments in an entirely different way, to see the sunny spots and not just the black clouds. It truly changes you as a person when you are able to do that.
So tonight as Thanksgiving draws to a close and the crazy shopping begins, I am thankful to God for all things, good and bad...they have made me into the person I am today.