Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pennies, A Haircut and Home Buying

My parents had a large can that had be emptied and the top welded back on that they put their pennies in. When I was little my daddy re-opened the can and gave me the pennies to count. I counted them in stacks of 10 and when I would get 10 stacks, I would roll them or put them in small envelopes and label them $1. I took dollars and dollars of pennies to the bank to deposit them into my savings account.  The other day Daddy gave me a dish pan full of pennies that he said had the remaining pennies in it and one small envelope marked $2.00-with lots more added over the years since my counting days. I just finished counting all those pennies-here's what I ended up with:$32.59, about 30 wheat pennies, one Canadian penny, two car wash tokens and handfuls of sewing pins. What memories those pennies brought back! None of the wheat pennies were worth more than 4 cents-wish I could have found one of those worth $500!

I took Madison to get her hair cut today. A cute bob cut that she is thrilled with! Before we left for our appointment, she had decided to let her hair grow and just get her bangs cut and the back trimmed, That all changed when she sat in the chair at the salon. She wanted it CUT!

A friend of mine and her family are looking for a home to buy. They have been through a lot of changes in the last year. They had a house fire. So, they have been searching for a house ever since. Just when they think they have found the perfect place, something happens to prevent it. My friend the Black Cloud seems to have broken off and is now taking permanent residence over this family! They have found another house that is big enough with lots of land-seems to be perfect except for the usual problems that a house over 100 years old would have. These problems bring up an entirely new set of problems...contractors! Wow I never knew the red tape and the aggravation that would have to be waded through to get things done and a family in a house!  Government regulations, bank requirements, and contractors who don't want to be bothered with either.

Tonight I am thankful for my memories of pennies, Madison's individuality and for friends, who even though they are going through a very rough spot in life, haven't given up. I am also prayerful for this family, their house search and their contractor search.

2 comments:

  1. Those kind of memories are what keep us going when the going gets tough, kind of a security blanket. Will be praying for your friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting pennies makes you feel rich when you have lines and lines of them.
    I will be at church to see Madisons new doo and will say a prayer for that poor family who still havent found a home to call their own yet.

    Nicky x

    ReplyDelete