Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Help! Help! This girl stole my car!

So before you ask...no it wasn't my car.  Afterall, who would want either of my cars?!?! I was on my way to town (lunch packed). There in the middle of the road was a guy waving his arms and screaming. I stopped and rolled down the window to see what was wrong. My first thought was that someone had had an accident. That wasn't the case. He began telling me that some girl had stolen his car and his paycheck was inside and then the introductions began. He told me his name and his grandfather's name and ask me to take him to his house, which was only about a mile away. I know what you are saying...I know you didn't take him anywhere...but I did. Before he got in the car, I punched in 911 in my cell phone in case I needed it, it would only be one push a way. I took him to the end of the road-the road he lived on. Suddenly he starts screaming "there she is!!" "there's my truck!". Before I could get stopped, he had opened the door and was out. Next thing I saw was him running into the middle of the road, screaming to this girl to move over so he could get in. Then the "GDs" started...he even screamed at her and told her that I witnessed her taking his truck and that I was on the phone with the police. Neither were true. I, of course, didn't want to be in the middle of anything. By this time I had put all the pieces together of the little things he was saying in the very short drive to his road. I think "this girl" was probably his girlfriend and while he was visiting his children she got bored and took his truck for a drive-don't think "stolen" was the case at all. As I drove away, I began thinking about the classmate that got shot and her situation and wondering what was going to happen to this woman. What was he going to do to her in his obvious anger? Was my inaction and not wanting to get involved going to put in her danger?  I came home and called a neighbor of this man's and asked that they check in on her because I didn't know what he was capable of  and I didn't want something to happen to her because I didn't want to get involved. Also after a little research, I found he has recently been arrested for meth.  Ok I have learned my lesson...no more picking up strangers!  My desire to help might get me in trouble...but hopefully today it got her help if she needed it.  Ahhh, life in a small town!

2 comments:

  1. this dude was really blessed...blessed he didn't freak out on you and hurt you...i'm too blessed to have a friend like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks!...like I said in one of my other posts...God puts people in our lives unexpectedly

    ReplyDelete