Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Unbelievable

Copied from facebook written February 2010
If you know me well, I am not sure which you will find more hard to believe....the fact I was in Walmart or the story I am about to share. I went to the Evil Empire today to buy a few little chocolate hearts and to get a small little present for Jason's birthday-which is valentine's day. As I stood in line an older fellow began to talk to me about how important oil is for your car and how you can't go to places like Walmart if you don't take care of your car's oil. Strange conversation even for a Walmart line. Anyway, he then told me that his blood was like the oil in a car and he took care of it (his bloodAND his oil apparently). Then he told me his blood was good and he would live to be 110 years old...I chuckled...but he was serious. I told him (trying not to be rude and trying to cover my chuckle) I wasn't so sure I wanted to live to be 110. He then told me he was afraid to die. Took me by surprise. I didn't miss a beat (God took over) and told him if he knew the Good Lord up above there was nothing to fear. He said I have a hard time believing in all that, hard to believe in something you can't even see. I (again didn't miss a beat-funny how God takes over) said do you believe there is wind? He said yes that is air. I asked can you see it? He said no but that is air and you can't see air...I said do you believe you must have air to live and breathe...and again can you see it? He got a little flustered with me...lol and hurried out. Please pray for this WalMart Oil Man...he needs the prayers (just as he needs air to breathe and Jesus to live eternally).


UPDATE:
this is pretty ironic....I went to Walmart last night to pick up a couple of things we needed to finish painting our bedroom....and who do you think I see????? Walmart Oil Man!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I tried to catch up with him and tell him how many prayers had been said for him...but I couldn't get to hIM.

1 comment:

  1. When I said "copied from facebook" I meant my facebook page

    ReplyDelete