Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pennies, Enraged Drivers,Car Sickness, GPS and Family Dollar Tools

Pennies-wow who knew they could bring up so many valuable memories and feelings. Today, I heard about the sudden appearance of wheat pennies and what it means to one special person. I am so glad that something so mundane as counting pennies and finding wheat pennies made this person share her story.

We were on I 26 today right where it turns into 3 lanes. This woman, who was driving a truck with dents and scratches all down the side, tried to pass us on the right and got caught behind traffic. Instead of slowing down, she came right on over in our lane-like she didn't see the big red Ford Explorer! She then went on to cut off another driver and almost hit the car in front of it!

Even with the swerving to get out of Ms. Brown Truck Crazy Driver's way, we had NO car sickness today! woooohoooo! I gave Madison motion sickness meds before we left.  Even Madison said "no puking today"!

GPS, TOMTOM...I want a job mapping out routes for one of these companies! Wow! Something that is suppose to make life easier and getting to unfamiliar places a snap, surely isn't either, especially when it loses its signal!. If it was correct, we would have gotten out at an empty lot on a dead end street two houses away from our true destination. Once we found the correct house, we got out to find that the desk we went to pick up wouldn't fit into the Explorer...LOL!  The seller of this desk was determined if we just turned it the right way it would fit all the way in. I guess the fact that the desk was about a foot too long to fit in (anyway you tried) just wasn't proof enough. The tape measure was wrong, I guess...lol. So we strapped it in just to get away from the lady and hit up the closest Family Dollar for some tools.  So here me and Beverly are standing in the Family Dollar parking lot across from Providence Hospital in 900 degree weather unscrewing everything we could find on this desk and giggling like crazy people. We, of course, made it fit. Ms Desk Seller just didn't know us and our determination!

Then we were off to pick up a shelving unit....a six foot shelving unit....lol. That is where we met Mr. Spiddy Tie Dye Veteran, a very very nice guy, who quickly found out what South Carolina girls are like-determined. He had just moved to Irmo from Arizona.  We picked that shelf up and stacked it right on top of the desk (both hanging out the back hatch of the Explorer).  So if you were on I26 this afternoon and saw a red Explorer with "stuff" hanging out of the back, you should have waved...

Today, I am thankful for my Aunt Nett and her tender heart, time spent with my baby sister, that we didn't end up on the HP's accident report, that Family Dollar has tools, GPS's even if they aren't always correct, motion sickness chewables, no puke and for determination.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Sonds like a good day all round.

    Nicky. x

    ReplyDelete