Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sometimes You Just Gotta Let It Go

“always forgive but never forget, remember but never regret. life's what you make of it, so make something of it. you only live once, so make it worthwhile”

We all have things happen to us. Things we wish we didn't have to go through, but somehow we make it through and we can chose to do one of two things: hang on to the hurt and not forgive or let it go and forgive. I am no different. I have been through so much in my 39 years that it would take days to write about each and every big event and months for the little things. Instead of sharing all of the "things", I am choosing to write tonight about the forgiveness part.  For many years I  held on to the hurt and anger that these things caused me. I was angry and questioned why I had to endure such pain. Why me? Why? Why? Why? One day it hit me that I didn't have to keep this in my life. I could let it go. I could choose to be happy. I could choose not to be angry and I could choose not to question why (instead accept, forgive and move on). What a powerful feeling this was! What a freeing moment in my life!

I got out my paper and pen and starting writing. I had so much to say. I had never been asked for this forgiveness but I chose to give it. The Bible tells us that Jesus forgave us so we must forgive others that wrong us. During all the counseling I had gone to, I had been told I didn't have to forgive. After the realization that I was forgiven and  the person who wronged me (if they asked for forgiveness from Jesus, they were forgiven), I knew I had to forgive too. I wrote. I cried. After I was finished, I smiled and I actually felt as if a weight had been lifted from my body.

My letter was delivered and read. My forgiveness had been given.

It is amazing how many people hold on to the hurtful things in life and it amazing how it effects us physically, emotionally and spiritually. We can choose to be happy or miserable. We can choose to be forgivers or haters.

Tonight, my advice is: if there is something big or small that is making you hurt or hate, choose to give the person your forgiveness. Don't see it as being weak, see it as being strong-the bigger person. Don't say they don't deserve forgiveness because Jesus didn't deserve the cross and do we deserve Jesus' forgiveness? But he gives it to us...

I am thankful that I am forgiven.  I am thankful for Pastor Hamilton for talking me through it and making me realize that forgiveness was a have to. I thankful that I finally realized I wasn't doing anyone any harm except myself by not giving my forgiveness. My hatred and hurt didn't positively impact the other persons life, but my forgiveness did..

One cannot walk in fellowship with God if he refuses to forgive others 

No comments:

Post a Comment