Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's the Little Things

The other day, I had two facebook friends who posted something about the little things in life are the most important. That is so true!  Little things can add up to be big things-both bad and good.

One of my facebook friends posted a note about how the little things kept people from being inside the World Trade Centers on 9/11. One had to stop to get doughnuts, another had overslept, another had to get band aids, and another had a child starting school. These little things, that I am convinced God put in these people's lives at just the right moment, saved their lives. 

My husband does lots of little things....and big things too....but the small things mean more because it shows he was thinking about more than just the obvious. He has started working nights and when he comes in from work he picks up my laptop and plugs it in for me (cause usually I have gone to sleep with it on). I try to do those little things for him. Sometimes he notices and sometimes he doesn't (and that is OK with me), although I have the suspicion that he always notices but just doesn't always mention it.

The little things we do for one another doesn't always have to be for our family or friends.  What about holding the door open for the person behind you? What about a warm smile for each person you pass in the store? What about helping that elderly person get their bags into their car? or that frazzled mom who is trying her best to get the baby, stroller and her bags into the car? Sometimes this little things mean the most. Sometimes this could be your time to let your light shine (remember the song?singing it in your head yet?). 

Sometimes when you do these little things for complete strangers, you get puzzled looks and sometimes the person isn't receptive to your help....but that is OK! You extended your kindness to that person and whether they choose to accept  it is up to them. Smile and know you tried.

What about the little things that add up to big bad things? If your little things are negative, then they will add up to be big negative things. The first example that comes to mind is parents saying little negative things to their children. Little minute things that you didn't mean to be bad but were perceived negatively. These little things add up to a big bad case of low self esteem.



Tonight, I am thankful for the little things in life. The sweet little hugs and kisses Madison gives with no expectations. The sweet response I got when I sincerely thanked Tyler for his help yesterday. The hand holding my hubby does in his sleep. The lovely time I spent with Amanda this morning and the giggles we shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment