Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Monday, August 8, 2011

You Only Have so Many Words to Speak

When I was about 4 (I am guessing), my mother told me "God only gives you so many words to speak. You have to be quiet sometimes so you don't use them all up." The thought of running out of words terrified me just enough to be quiet for a short time. Now that Madison is 4 (almost 5), I understand. She must be like I was at that age because I have found myself wanting to tell her the same thing the last few days! WOW! She is gonna be a talker! She goes on and on about anything-repeating the same thing like she thinks you don't understand what she means.

Don't get me wrong I love that she talks and her wisdom at four is amazing. Her take on the simple things in life is beyond her years.  She really says some funny stuff almost daily.


Madison had fallen twice on her bottom-once when climbing into the truck and once while swinging holding the arm of the couch and the end table-she was complaining  about her hurting hiney. I asked when does it hurt? She looks at me confused...and then the light bulb came on- "on Saturdays" LOL

She told me that her legs were hurting because she had been eating-meaning she was growing.

One of my favorites was when she was playing in the yard and came up to the porch holding someone's hand (someone I couldn't see). She told me that she had prayed and ask Jesus to come play with her and he did. She told me that he wouldn't come on the porch because he was afraid of me. I told her that Jesus wasn't afraid of anything not even me. So she turned around and talked to him and evidently talked him into coming on the porch with me. She then went back into the yard and I watched my baby talking and talking to Him. Later she told a lady at church about it. When the lady said I wish He would come and play with me, Madison, not missing a beat said, "all you gotta do is pray and ask him."

Today, she informed me that she wished she could talk to animals and that she wanted to be able to understand what they say to her.

Even though my mom's statement was in hopes that I would just stop talking for a while and give her a break (LOL), it is a very true statement. We must be quiet sometimes and hear the special things in life and not be so busy talking and not listening that we miss out.

Tonight, even though the talking has worn me thin at times today, I am thankful for it. Thankful for her desire to communicate, thankful for her unique take on daily life and thankful that God saw fit to bless Jason and me.




No comments:

Post a Comment