Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School Days

My little angels started school today. I never knew why older people would say thing about how time flies and children grow up too fast until I became an older person AKA a parent. I can honestly say the years have flown. Amanda started her junior year, Tyler started his 8th grade year and Madison started 4K. Seems like yesterday when they were just babies.

Amanda drove to school for the first time today. I know now why my daddy used to draw maps for me to get places and not have to make left turns and why mama worried about if I made it to my destination. Wasn't she just learning to ride on her Sesame Street train in the living room?

Tyler started his 8th grade year sporting a mohawk.  I know now why my parents always looked at my big 80s hair like they did...you know kind of a puzzled why would she want her hair to look like THAT look! Wasn't he  just a blonde curly headed little boy yesterday?
 
Madison started her first day of 4K without a tear-a big girl with a lot of spunk! I know now why parents miss those days of their "babies" needing them and wanting to be by their side all of the time. Wasn't she just wanting me and only me just yesterday?

 Even though today has been a bittersweet day, I am thankful for it all. I am thankful for the independence and uniqueness of all three of my children. They step to the beat of a different drum. They are their own people in their own ways and I am blessed more everyday to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment