Why a Black Cloud?

I will explain the "black cloud". My mother's family from time to time would say that if anything bad that could happen would happen to them and called it the black cloud. I find this to be true in my life almost on a daily basis. Just like a friend my black cloud is present everyday. Let me make this clear...I talk about my black cloud in an entirely jokingly way. I laugh about most things, even when they are bad....it's all going to be alright. My faith is such that the Lord will provide and even if I don't know how in the world we are going to fix whatever has happened, he knows. So please any of my bad things that I mention, know that I am laughing and remaining faithful while I am typing! And please LAUGH because I am!



He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good" -RussianProverb

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home

As a child, I was shuffled between divorced parents who constantly drug the other into court for custody. This isn't what my post is about tonight. I have forgiven both. I think they both did what they thought they should at the time but didn't always only see what was best for me (both very bitter at the other and didn't see as clearly as I would have liked) any way that is a story for another day.

 I have never felt like I had a hometown. I went to day care in Clinton for a while and then on to kindergarten. Then custody changed and I was in Ware Shoals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and half of 4th grade. Then custody changed in the middle of Christmas holidays and I was back in Clinton-where most didn't remember me from kindergarten or from Young World (daycare). Add to this changing the fact that every other weekend I was carted off to the other parents house. I never felt like I fit in either place....I didn't have those life long friendships a lot of my classmates had from growing up in small towns.

Over the years since graduation, I had only visited Clinton (where I graduated high school) once or twice until last year. I had been away for 20+ years, when I enrolled Madison in 3 year old preschool at First Baptist.  Someone made a "You know you are from Clinton If..." page on facebook. After reading all those posts, remembering a lot things I thought I had forgotten, maybe I did have more of a  "hometown" than I thought.  I loved this trip down memory lane...I had forgotten the "good" stuff about Clinton that had been clouded out by the "bad" stuff I had while there.  I had even made the decision not to list a "hometown" on my profile page for facebook.

I suppose 'Home' is where you decide it is. Tonight when I change my blank hometown section to "Clinton", I will smile and think only of the good things....and will be proud to be a RED DEVIL...again.

Tonight, I am thankful for finally seeing that even though my memories were shadowed by a black cloud, insecurities, and uncertainty, underneath there were some good times, good friends and good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment